Lisa Gable is the CEO of FARE, the world’s largest non-profit working to increase food allergy awareness, education, research and advocacy. Prior to her work at FARE, Lisa served as president of the Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation and as a senior advisor at PespsiCo. One of Lisa’s most recent projects with FARE has been working on the Living Teal Channel as well as the Living Teal: At the Table With FARE podcast, where advice is shared on living with food allergies. Lisa received her B.A. in International Relations from the University of Virginia and her M.A in National Security Studies from Georgetown University.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- How students can break into advocacy and public policy (3:30)
- Why work experience often matters more than your major (6:40)
- Why it’s important to be an advocate for yourself (10:00)
- What Lisa’s favorite part of her job is (13:10)
- Why it’s so important to never give up on your career goals (17:00)
- If you want to listen to Lisa’s main T4C episode about what she does in her current job and how she built her career check out T4C episode #718