Lisa Gable is the CEO of FARE, the world’s largest non-profit working to increase food allergy awareness, education, research and advocacy. Prior to her work at FARE, Lisa served as president of the Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation and as a senior advisor at PespsiCo. One of Lisa’s most recent projects with FARE has been working on the Living Teal Channel as well as the Living Teal: At the Table With FARE podcast, where advice is shared on living with food allergies. Lisa received her B.A. in International Relations from the University of Virginiaand her M.A in National Security Studies from Georgetown University.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- The difference between a food allergy and food intolerance (4:15)
- What can be done to prevent food allergies (8:00)
- What Lisa does in her day-to-day job (14:30)
- What it was like working on the World’s Fair (21:00)
- What to look for when choosing internships (25:00)
- How to choose your personal brand attributes (29:00)