Jonathan Sichel is the General Manager of Content Acquisitions and Operations at Discovery Inc, where he oversees 18 different lifestyle networks and manages 11 different brands. This includes everything from HD TV to the Food Network to Animal Planet and the Travel channel. Jonathan began working at Discovery Communications in 2002 as vice president of business affairs. Prior to joining Discovery, Jonathan worked as a vice president of programming business development at America Online. Jonathan graduated from Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School with a Bachelor’s Degree in Public and International Affairs.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- Why trying out internships can give you a window into whether this career will be a good fit
- Why to look out for jobs as executive assistant, administrative assistant or production assistant
- Why Jonathan values ‘mindset’ over ‘skill set’
- Why previous jobs (even working on an assembly line) will provide you with valuable skills
- Why a grad school degree is not a prerequisite to succeed in this industry
- Why to listen to Jonathan’s main T4C interview #311 to learn more about what he does in his current job and how he built his career