Sarah Robb O’Hagan learned the hard way why professionals who thrive must ‘step up’, ‘stand out’ and ‘kick ass’. And, oh yeah, why it’s essential to repeat all of the above if you want to succeed! As CEO of Flywheel Sports*, the fast-growing indoor cycling company, O’Hagan is on the cutting edge as a leader in the fitness industry which is currently experiencing a major transformation through digital content and services. Prior to becoming Flywheel’s CEO, O’Hagan served as the global president of Gatorade, where she successfully led that business through a tough repositioning and turnaround. She’s also been the global president of Equinox, another luxury fitness company, where she reinvented their brand through a notable tech transformation. An executive, entrepreneur, and activist, O’Hagan is a high-energy combo of a strong business leader, fitness fanatic, mother of three, and has been listed as one of Forbes’ “Most Powerful Women in Sports” and one of Fast Company’s “Most Creative People in Business.” She’s also the author of the terrific book “Extreme YOU: Step Up. Stand Out. Kick Ass. Repeat.” a manifesto equipping people of all ages to take big risks, manage big failures and kick ass all the way to a successful career.
*Sarah stepped down as CEO of Flywheel Sports in October 2018.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- How to get out of the middle of the road because otherwise you’re going to get run over 🙂 (6:33)
- Why you need to break yourself to make yourself (11:08)
- How passion is made by putting in a lot of hours into something that is of interest to you (3:13)
- Why you need to get over yourself and have humility (15:50)
- Why quality matters more than quantity in terms of your professional network (22:45)
Submit your review