Shawn Olds is the Chief Executive Officer of boodle a.i., the leading machine learning peer-to-peer platform that empowers nonprofits to connect with and engage new donors and companies to find their best customers. Shawn started his career in the U.S Army in the 82nd Airborne Division before transitioning to the private sector as a logistics operations and technology consultant as well as an IT strategy management consultant. He then helped to found several startups. After September 11th, 2001, Shawn joined the U. S. Department of States Office for Counter-Terrorism where he spent time in Southwest Asia as well as in Africa. He was recruited by TAQA, a $30B Abu Dhabi Sovereign Wealth Fund as the Chief Procurement Officer. Shawn got his B.S. in computer science from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- What entry level jobs to look out for in the startup world (4:09)
- What hard and soft skills are necessary to enter this kind of business (5:38)
- Whether your major matters (7:52)
- What’s the best part of being in the startup world (12:26)
- What’s the best career advice Shawn ever got (15:45)
- If you want to learn more about what Shawn does in his current job and how he built his career tune here main T4C Episode #516