Mark Hyman, MD, believes that we all deserve a life of vitality—and that we have the potential to create it for ourselves. That’s why he is dedicated to tackling the root causes of chronic disease by harnessing the power of Functional Medicine to transform healthcare. Dr. Hyman and his team work every day to empower people, organizations, and communities to heal their bodies and minds, and improve our social and economic resilience.
Dr. Hyman is a practicing family physician, an 11-time #1 New York Timesbestselling author, and an internationally recognized leader, speaker, educator, and advocate in his field. He is the Director the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine. He is also the founder and medical director of The UltraWellness Centerand chairman of the board of the Institute for Functional Medicine.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- Did you know there are 155,000 diagnosis codes to tell you what you have but not why you have it
- How Functional Medicine is treating the cause not just the symptoms – rather than using drugs (antibiotics which kill bugs) using probiotics (which support the good bugs in your body)
- How Functional Medicine is really the science of creating good health
- How the good food you eat can actually, seriously, work like medicine
- Do you have FLC (Feel Like Crap) syndrome?
- Why food is the most powerful drug – it can upgrade your biological software within hours
- WTF: Food has more than protein, fats, protein, fiber — it also has instructions to change your gut’s microbiome with every bite
- Watch Fed Up on Netflix if you want to learn more about Functional Medicine
- True or False: Oatmeal is the most nutritious breakfast food? [False]
Submit your review