Elise Gaston Chand has held a number of titles in a few different fields, since she graduated from Randolph-Macon Women’s College (now Randolph-Macon College). She started out as a reporter working on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.. Elise then entered the field of human resources, where she worked for 3 decades for marquee companies like Starbucks and Yum! Brands– owner of KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut. She felt she had found the perfect career when, out of the blue, she was laid off. Elise felt this was a sign that she needed to be following her true passion, not just for the paycheck, but to have fun and work from home! She started her podcast — Because of Horses— in October 2017 and soon after and to this day, it still doesn’t feel like work. Elise now gets to spend way more time with her loved ones and talk to people in the horse industry that she’s admired and adored since childhood. From journalism to HR to horses, Elise really knows her stuff! Plus, her amazing podcast Because of Horses can be found right here — check it out! Press Play and listen to Elise share some valuable information and amusing anecdotes.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- How a podcaster sets up their schedule and runs their business
- How to follow your heart and turn your long-term passion into a career
- How life experiences, negative or positive, can positively shape your career
- Why it’s important to leave a job when it’s no longer fulfilling
- Why a so-called roadblock doesn’t have to derail your career path or passion
- Why you need to listen to Because of Horses podcast!