Margaret Richardson is Chief of Staff to the President & Editor-in-Chief of Devex, a social enterprise and media platform for the global development community. As Chief of Staff her primary responsibilities include: providing critical, high-level support and guidance to Raj Kumar, the President & Editor-in-Chief, and assisting in Devex’s external affairs and communications, engaging and managing key influencers and business development opportunities, and developing and executing special projects as needed. Margaret also manages and supports efforts to ensure staff in various departments are aligned and that the culture of Devex is maintained. Margaret received her B.A. in Political Science and Government at Smith College in 2014. Prior to joining Devex, she was a legislative intern in the office of Senator Angus King an Independent senator from Maine.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- What are the entry-level jobs to look out for in this field
- Why emotional intelligence is a critical skill to have for this industry
- Why being on a sports team (or another kind of team) is a great life skill
- What is the best and worst part of being a Chief of Staff
- How to create meaningful connections with your colleagues
- Why learning to listen really well is so important in any career