Ben Kiker is the founder of the Ben Kiker Group, which offers business, executive, and recovery coaching. Ben works 1:1 with top performers and with organizations to identify the roadblocks standing in the way of their respective transformation. He also helps them develop a plan that incorporates his Six Essentials to Get Shit Done (GSD) to ensure successful outcomes. Ben founded BKG after a 30 year career in marketing for technology companies in Silicon Valley, most recently working as a Chief Development Officer for SpringCM (acquired by DocuSign), Jive Software and Interwoven. Ben attended Southern Methodist University but dropped out after his first year to pursue his career.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- What entry level positions are available to young people looking to GSD
- Why you should start off your career in an entry-level position in any industry that put you into contact with customers
- Why storytelling and taking people on a journey is essential in marketing and business
- Whether your major matters to break into the marketing industry
- What life experiences have the biggest impact on marketing
- Why you should check out the movie Jerry Maguire
- How to learn more about The Ben Kiker Group Inc.
- If you want to learn more about what Ben does at TBK and how he built his career listen to T4C episode #219