Kelsey Hess was a content and brand manager for Dr. AvivaRomm* and Kion, a rapidly growing health and wellness startup founded by Ben Greenfield. In each of these companies, Kelsey led organic brand growth, awareness, and sales through content and brand-focused campaigns. She is also a certified transformational nutrition coach. That’s a big switch from how Kelsey started out her career after graduating from the Colorado School of Mines with a degree in environmental engineering.
*Kelsey left AvivaRomm shortly after we did our T4C interview in February 2020.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- What a content and brand manager is/the difference from a marketing manager (4:00)
- Why a company goes through a rebrand (8:10)
- What a typical day looks like for Kelsey (10:17)
- How Kelsey writes for others in their voice and not hers (12:11)
- How Kelsey’s own health story led to her passion for wellness (19:54)
- What the downsides to birth control are you may not know about (26:30)
- How Kelsey started her career in a very different place from where she is today (32:00)
- How Kelsey bounced back from struggles early on in her career (35:38)