Raj Kumar is the founding President & Editor-in-Chief of Devex, the media platform for the global development community. A social entrepreneur and digital media executive, he’s been a part of nine presidential campaigns and was a co-founder of a successful financial information company. Raj saw the world-shaping potential of Devex while a graduate student at the Harvard Kennedy School and promptly dropped out to build it. He has been profiled in Forbes, the Financial Times, Foreign Policy, and the Washington Post, where Devex was called the Bloomberg of foreign aid. Raj is also an active investor in ground-breaking startups, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Clinton Global Initiative, and is the former chair of the World Economic Forum’s humanitarian council.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- All the ways (conventional and unconventional) to get your foot in the door if you want to break into the international humanitarian and development profession
- Why it’s essential to learn from the (coffee) ground(s) up no matter what career you’re in
- Why self-awareness is the key to your future success
- How to make networking less terrifying and more fruitful
- How making good friends in college can help accelerate your future career