Susan Feeney is a partner and co-lead of the Seattle office of GMMB, a political communications and advertising firm. Some of her biggest clients include: the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the LOR Foundation and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Susan is a storyteller, writer and expert in public positioning, advocacy, leveraging digital content, media relations and public speaking training.She joined GMMB in 2009 after an award-winning career in journalism that included nearly a decade as senior editor of NPR’s All Things Considered and Morning Edition, and many years covering the White House and national politics.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- What does “strategic communications” mean and how does it work (7:02)
- How do you develop an advocacy campaign (17:56)
- How we live our lives in chapters (21:00)
- How to pivot from journalism into PR (30:30)
- Why your extracurricular activities are so valuable in the ‘real’ world (40:50)
- If you want to learn more about how to break into PR and communications tune in to Susan’s Espresso Shots episode #380