Hope Greenberg is the co-Founder of Soapbox Strategists a digital media agency that helps clients capture hearts (and dollars) in the online world. But Hope’s journey to where she is today began in the analog world. She spent nine years as the fashion director at Lucky Magazine, prior to which she was the fashion director at Self Magazine and an editor at Mirabella and Harper’s Bazaar. Most recently, Hope worked as an editorial, product, partnership, marketing and public relations consultant for established and emerging brands including Kate Spade, Joe Fresh, Target, Jennifer Fisher Jewelry, Kenneth Cole, Banana Republic and Shae NY. From her years of experience at Lucky, the first magazine to merge content and commerce, Hope has made her mark helping brands define their voices and create original, results-focused content and marketing initiatives. She developed brand blogs for both Kate Spade and Kenneth Cole; co-authored Kate Spade’s “The Guide to Living Colorfully” book set; partnered on the curation of Lucky’s yearly signature event, Lucky Shops; and spearheaded the relaunch of the Joe Fresh global social media program.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- What it is like to work for a social media company
- How to prepare yourself now to nail your job interviews in this industry
- How college students can be using their own social media platforms to position themselves for digital media jobs
- How random part-time jobs while you’re in college can help you build useful skills for the real world of marketing
- Why storytelling is a really important skill to hone while you’re in college
Submit your review