Chris Luecke is a Sales & Marketing Account Manager at Rockwell Automation, and the host of Pubcast Worldwide podcast. When he graduated from Marquette University 2009 with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Marketing was the farthest thing from his mind. After graduating, Chris spent a short time working with Anheuser-Busch helping them engineer their aluminum cans to be more efficient. But, after they were sold to a foreign company, Chris left AB and fell into a position at Rockwell Automation. Once there, he found his passion. While he was still able to spend some time with engineers, sales gave Chris the opportunity to collaborate with clients and sprinkle some creativity into his job. He was able to dictate his own schedule and stretch his creative mind. Case in point, Crhis started a video series called Manufacturing Happy Hour dedicated to helping millennials understand the nuances of the sales field and a podcast– Pubcast Worldwide— where he interviews restaurateurs, brewmasters, and many more fascinating people, while having a drink at a bar. Needless to say, Chris has got a lot of interesting career stories to share. So, why not get your favorite brew– caffeinated or carbonated– and get ready for another caffeinated career conversation?
*Chris left Rockwell Automation in October 2019 and has since become the full-time Host and Community Builder at Manufacturing Happy Hour, a movement he launched.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- How your college major can be a jumping off point into other fields
- Why you don’t need to be an extrovert (introverts can be great sales people) to be successful in the sales field
- What is the value of having a regular morning routine
- What a Sales Account Manager does
- Why it’s important to do things that make you truly happy in your freetime
- How to think outside the box to appeal to clients in the sales world
- Instagram: @pubcastworldwide
Submit your review