Caroline Muggia is an associate product marketing manager at Oscar Health, the first insurance company built to make health care easy. She previously worked as an editorial assistant at mindbodygreen, a lifestyle media brand dedicated to inspiring you to live your best life – mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and environmentally. A 2018 graduate of Middlebury College, Caroline majored in environmental studies with a concentration in psychology. Caroline became super interested in health and wellness while at college and she even served as the co-director of student health and wellness at Middlebury. Caroline compares her work in the healthcare industry to the book, America’s Bitter Pill: Money, Politics, Backroom Deals, and the Fight to Fix Our Broken Healthcare System, which she recommends reading if you are interested in learning more about what’s happening in the healthcare industry.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- Why internships are crucial- no matter what industry you want to work in!
- What type of internships and entry level positions are available in the marketing and marketing adjacent industries
- Why to explore an associate product manager rotational program at LinkedIn or Facebook, what it is and how they are helpful in learning about the product marketing business
- Why working in insurance is not boring because it’s a disruptive industry
- Why having a background in data is extremely helpful in the product marketing field
- How staying focused while a lot is going on all at once can help stay calm while working in this industry
- Why majoring in marketing and data analytics is not necessary if you want to work in this industry
- Why learning to be patient about her career was the best career advice she’s ever gotten
- If you want to learn more about what Caroline does as an associate product marketing manager and how she built her career tune in to T4C episode #328