Bronwyn Saglimbeni is a communication coach, writer and speaker devoted to helping people SHINE. Known for her playful, irreverent approach to coaching (and life in general), Bronwyn teaches serious transformation in how we communicate, inspire and connect with those around us. Bronwyn has prepared clients for television appearances on American Idol, Real Time with Bill Maher, Bloomberg TV, CNBC’s Power Lunch, the Oprah Show, the Home Shopping Network, and PBS Newshour. Bronwyn has midwifed over a hundred and twenty TEDx, TED Global, and TED talks. When she’s not writing or in coaching mode, Bronwyn’s goal is to be the “eye of the storm” in a household of three children and a Type A husband in the Bay Area. She spends an alarming amount of time listening to NPR, sings in a cover band, and secretly wishes she could write a novel, pen a decent song, and learn to speak Farsi. Not necessarily in that order.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- How to become a great and effective communicator
- What it means to truly shine in terms of communication, and what the “art of shining” is
- How to determine what your triggers are and learn to call yourself out on them
- Why college is a great place to test the waters, and can be a great starting point to developing better communication skills.
- How to acquire awesome interview skills that WILL land you that job!
- Why it is so important to do your research ahead of informational interviews (in addition to real ones) and come prepared with questions
- Why storytelling is an important part of communication
- Why you should listen to your gut (because it is trying to tell you something!)
- How solitude can help you listen to your intuition
- Why you should check out Ben Kiker