Brian Solis left college before graduating so that he could pursue his passion. He had always been interested in technological advancements and their influence over both businesses and individuals, so he decided to combine them into one job description. Brian is a Digital Analyst and Digital Anthropologist. He studies the trajectory of disruptive technologies and evaluates how they will affect humans and their businesses. He has written numerous books on the subject– most recently X: The Experience When Business Meets Design— as he hopes to spread the word to the public about the future of tech. With the potential for major growth in the use of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning in many industries, Brian hopes to share with Java Junkies and others in the millennial age group how they can be ready to adapt and ride the wave. As Brian shares in this episode, there will hopefully always be jobs in robot training and programming, so that as the robots take over more jobs like driving cars, they can do so smoothly. And he features even more incredible information on his blog, which can be found here. Hit Play, Java Junkies, and enjoy!
*Brian began a new position in March 2020 as a Global Innovation Evangelist at Salesforce.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- How businesses across all industries and technology actually work hand-in-hand (1:29)
- What is the role of anthropology in the fields of technology and artificial intelligence (2:47)
- What Digital Darwinism is and why you should care (7:09)
- How to get on the right professional path to leverage all the changes that are well underway (7:51)
- The skills you’ll need to thrive as tech expands into more and more industries (13:53)
- Why you may be inadvertently training your brain to work in the “shallows” (24:39)
- How your relationship with social media and technology is affecting your ability to focus (27:18)
Submit your review