Alex Grodnik is a co-founder at Payclub — a next gen banking platform for Gen Z. Payclub allows you to create an infinite number of groups with friends to help manage and budget money together. Alex is also the founder of Grod Media, a company that produces podcasts to market and partner with brands, and he hosts the Moving Up podcast, a highly rated business podcast with over 500k downloads. Prior to launching Payclub or Moving Up podcast and Grod Media, Alex spent over three years as an analyst for global investment banks like J.P. Morgan and Houlihan Lokey. Eventually he returned to school and got his MBA from UCLA’s Anderson School of Management. In this episode Alex shares what the saying “eat your own dog food” means and why he asks for a discount every day no matter where he is and what he’s buying and how that positively affected his self-confidence. Alex is filled with a lot of practical knowledge about business and about the marathon we’re all running called life. This is an episode you won’t want to miss!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- What it’s like inside the investment banking industry
- Why to consider taking an unconventional route when establishing your career path
- How to network with people you have never met and a hack Alex uses to reach out to strangers
- Why you should actively seek rejection and the amazing impact it can have on your life
- Why to consider putting /opportunity’ over ‘uncertainty’ and where how that will help grow your career
- Why Alex started the Moving Up podcast