Betsy West is an award-winning filmmaker, journalist and educator and the co-Director & co-Producer of the film RGB about U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg. A producer and executive for over two decades at ABC News, West received 21 Emmy Awards and two DuPont-Columbia Awards for her work on “Nightline” and “Prime Time Live” and the documentary program “Turning Point,” where she served as executive producer. As senior vice president at CBS News from 1998-2005, she oversaw “60 Minutes” and “48 Hours.”
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- Why patience can be a real virtue as a journalist and a documentarian
- How to “reel in” your big fish …in this case Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg
- How then 82-year old Justice Ginsberg told filmmakers West and Julie Cohen she wouldn’t be ready to do an interview for two years!
- Why documentarians Betsy West and Julie Cohen bet on themselves and started filming the documentary without a firm “yes” from their primary subject – Justice Ginsberg herself
- Tune in Sunday night (9/9/18) to CNN at 8p EST & 10p EST for the Encore of ‘RBG’ in its entirety
Submit your review