Steve Babcock is the Chief Creative Officer at advertising agency VaynerMedia, founded by marketing guru Gary Vaynerchuck, and has worn several hats over the course of his career. From mailroom guy to copywriter to Executive Creative Director, Steve has literally worked his way up to the top of the industry. With over 20 years of experience in creative marketing, Steve has gained a lot of knowledge and expertise that includes helping to create the Domino’s Pizza order trackers as well as working with household brands like Planters peanuts, Meow Mix, Sunglass Hut, JC Penney, Applebee’s, Geek Squad and much more. Steve graduated with a B.S. in Communications from the University of Utah. If you think you might be interested in the advertising field but aren’t sure what you’d be doing, you’re in the right place to learn. You do not want to miss this caffeinated conversation — so what are you waiting for? Press play on this episode to learn more about what Steve does and how he’s built his impressive career!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- What it means to be a Chief Content Officer
- What a typical day in the office is like for Steve
- What the difference is between ‘getting creative’ and ‘being creative’
- Why creativity is different from being artistic
- How the Domino’s Pizza Tracker came to be created
- What classes, extracurricular activities and internships might be useful to help you get a leg up on the competition