Scott Williams is a Senior Corporate Partnerships and Product Manager at Global Giving, the largest crowdfunding community connecting nonprofits, donors, and companies in nearly every country. They help nonprofits from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe (and hundreds of places in in between) access the tools, training, and support they need to be more effective and make our world a better place. Scott works with private sector companies to develop programs and use GlobalGiving’s platform as a way to do good, such as through grants or employee engagement. His position has made him well-versed in navigating the charitable nonprofit industry, whether through cold-calling or building relationships with companies around the world. He’s an expert in the field, but Scott will be the first to tell you that all you need to get started is to jump in and get some first-hand experience. So press play on this Espresso Shots episode to learn more about how to break into this dynamic field!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- How internships and fellowships can help you break into this field
- Why it’s important to have first-hand experience when breaking into the social sector
- Why you should learn to be adaptable
- Why your college major is NOT a deal breaker
- How international travel can be invaluable experience for social sector jobs
- Why you should find a job with a good culture
- How this field is kind of like the movie … Moana?!
- Why you should listen to T4C episode #85 to learn more about Scott’s current job and his career