Christina Lukeman is Head of Investor Relations at Agora, an organization founded in 2005 as a modern-day “public square” that brings together key stakeholders to accelerate social entrepreneurship — in order to create a positive social impact. Christina’s job is to play a kind of a “cupid” role by building relationships with social entrepreneurs and investors who are looking to put their money towards a worthwhile cause. Agora is among the first impact focused investment funds in Latin America, and serves entrepreneurs in that region. Since its founding in 2005 this organization has been at the forefront of the venture capital world. Christina is a multilingual MBA who has traveled all over the world – even once hula hooping her way across Latin America. On this fast-paced Espresso Shots episode, Christina shares her best advice for on how to break in (and rise to the top) of the social entrepreneurship world.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- What are the entry level jobs to look for if you want to break into this world
- What kind of degrees hiring managers are looking for in the venture capital field
- Why getting an MBA might be the right move for you
- How to land your dream job
- Why you should read A Real Impact: The New Economics of Social Change by Morgan Simon
- The best and worst part of working in venture capital