Mitch Purgason is a fashion blogger, entrepreneur, former college athlete, and designer from Charlotte, North Carolina. He is the founder of Stitched By Mitch, a custom suit company that designs and creates custom suits of high quality and innovative design. In college, Mitch’s friends began asking him to style them, which is when he started Styled By Mitch, a personal-design business. This would later evolve into Stitched By Mitch. During his college career, Mitch used his tenacity and hustle to land an internship under Shark Tank’s Mark Cuban. Mitch has also worked on designing clothing for professional athletes like Doug Middleton, Brandon Chubb, DJ Reader, and Carlos Watkins, as well as college coaches such as Jason Capel, Wes Miller, and Jim Fox. Mitch received a Bachelor’s Degree in Entrepreneurship and Management at Appalachian State University, where he also played on the basketball team.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- How what you wear tells people who you are
- How designers go about creating original designs for each customer
- Why divergent thinking is important in design
- What role college entrepreneurial pitch contests can play in networking
- How to distinguish your company as a luxury brand
- How to use Instagram to build your brand