Sophia Lorena is a loan officer who works at CBLoans, a mortgage broker in Redondo Beach California. Sophia grew up in California and graduated from Palos Verdes Peninsula High School in 2018. But unlike the majority of her peers, she skipped college and went straight into the workforce. First, she interned at South Bay Property Advisors, then soon after, Sophia got her first full time job at Cash Call Mortgage as an internet marketing representative. Once she got her mortgage license, she became a certified loan officer. In June 2021, Sophia landed her current job at CBLoans where she helps people who want to purchase a property or want to refinance their home. Sophia also runs a podcast called The Shit Show of My Twenties where she shares inspiring stories of twenty-somethings. You can follow Sophia on Linkedin, and you can listen to her weekly podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and a number of other platforms.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- What the various job options are in the mortgage industry
- What is the best way to get your license
- What are the upsides and downsides of working in this field
- What are the best books to read to excel in this industry
- If you want to learn more about what Sophia does as a mortgage loan officer listen to T4C episode #888