Virginia Franco is a professional resume writer and LinkedIn expert with a passion for storytelling. Her career began in journalism before she pivoted into social work as she was drawn to different methods of communication and sharing information. However, when Virginia discovered that people wrote resumes for a living, she was hooked and started her resume writing career as a subcontractor. She eventually founded her own company, Virginia Franco Resumes, which has a 99.6% success rate in helping clients land job interviews in 60 days. Virginia also hosts Resume Storyteller, an award-winning podcast that explores the career paths and job search successes of various professionals. Virginia graduated from the University of Richmond with a B.A. in journalism and sociology. She also received an M.S.W in social work; health care and maternal child health from the University of Maryland.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- How to describe job and extracurricular experiences on a resume to best appeal to recruiters [20:10]
- Where new graduates can find resume resources [22:45]
- How Virginia works with her clients one on one [29:19]
- What are keywords and why they’re so important in your resume and LinkedIn profile [31:50]
- How to get the most out of your LinkedIn profile and get noticed by future employers [36:56]