Arbi Derzakharian was the senior director of operations and post-production at IMAX, where he oversaw the supply chain and process involved in getting films, some produced by IMAX and others produced at different entertainment studios, into IMAX theatres. Before he quit in June 2019, Arbi spent over four years at IMAX, which uses a system of high-resolution cameras, film formats, film projectors and theatres to give fans the most immersive entertainment experience possible. Prior to IMAX, Arbi worked at Deluxe Digital Cinema for nine years as the director of customer service where he managed customer support for over 4,500 theatres across the United States and Canada. When Arbi enrolled at the University of Southern California he thought he wanted to become a director and writer, but instead he double majored in Cinema, Television and Communications. In late spring 2019, Arbi made a snap decision and quit IMAX to pursue his new passion. Tune in to this episode of Time4Coffee to find out why he made that decision and what led him to where he is today!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE:
- What the senior director of operations and post-production does at IMAX
- What the difference is between operations and post-production
- Why you should try to have at least two internships while you’re in college
- How you should try to find your own voice in whatever you are interested in
- Why it’s important to cultivate a spirit of resilience and grit
- Why you should always go above and beyond and learn things that are not included in your job description
- Why you should tune in to listen to Arbi’s new podcast called The Arbi Show: https://thearbishow.podbean.com.